Raksha Bandhan is a festival celebrating the bond between brothers and sisters. This year Raksha Bandhan or Rakhi 22. to havendo August. Due to the lockdown restrictions in view of the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic, it will not be possible for siblings to celebrate Rakhi in the traditional manner. However, this does not mean that the festival cannot be celebrated at all.
There are many ways to celebrate Rakhi In lockdown without any loss of enthusiasm. Some good ideas are discussed here.
Video conferencing is the best way to gather all the family members together, no matter where they are living. All the rituals related to Rakhi can be done virtually through video conferencing. The exchange of greetings and even filling each other’s mouth with sweets is also enabled by video conferencing. Conversations can be recorded and stored as memories.
Since it is not possible and even not advisable to visit the markets to make purchases gift for rakhi Due to COVID 19, the best way is to order gifts from online stores. There are many gift stores from where you can Order Rakhi Gifts Online. Rakhi gifts are available in all types of budget. The stores deliver gifts both domestically and internationally. Thus, even if your brother or sister lives in another city or country, you can easily order a nice gift for him or her without leaving your home.
some popular types Rakhi gifts for brothers The ones that are widely available in online stores are as follows.
- Many types of rakhis like designer rakhis, pearl rakhis, personalized rakhis, handmade rakhis, rudraksh rakhis, peacock rakhis and many more are offered by online stores
- Rakhi hampers containing chocolate box, almonds or any other dry fruits, rakhi and roli and rice.
- Men’s gift set with leather belt and wallet.
- Personalized Mugs and Coasters
- Celebration box containing a box each of biscuits, candy and almonds
- Personalized wooden picture frame with your brother’s picture
- Whiskey glass set engraved with your brother’s name
- Ruled or unruled paged journal with suede leather cover
Types of rakhi gift For Sister’s The ones that are widely available in online stores are as follows.
- Personalized printed cushion featuring your sister’s image
- Chocolate Bouquet Consists of Cadbury Chocolate and Red Rose wrapped together in double layer tissue wrapping
- Personalized mug with a picture of your sister with Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- Festive box containing miniature chocolates and sweet and sour candies
- Printed or embroidered kurtis of various designs
- Beauty care hamper containing shampoo, face wash, lip balm and deodorant
You can also opt for digital Rakhi Gifts Instead of traditional gifts. Digital gifts are especially suitable for siblings who are living away and cannot move due to the lockdown. Common digital gifts that can be purchased include digital posters, e-gift cards, musicians on-call, e-greeting cards, personalized digital messages, e-caricatures and more.
If you and your brother or sister are under one roof during this lockdown period, then cooking your sibling’s favorite food is a simple yet enjoyable way to celebrate Raksha Bandhan. Apart from the traditional festival food of Puri, Chole, Halwa and Kheer, you can also cook continental food that your sibling will love.
You cannot go to any sweet shop to buy sweets in lockdown but Raksha Bandhan is incomplete without sweets. You can either make the dessert at home or order it online. There are many online stores that deliver good quality sweets at your doorstep. Order your sibling’s favorite dessert. The online store has a wide selection of sweet gift Like Gulab Jamun, Rasgulla, Kaju Katli, Laddu, Barfi and many more.
The whole family can play Ludo, Carrom, Scrabble, Poker, Dumb Sarad and many other indoor games. There are lots of creative indoor family games that can be found on the internet. Organize competitions to make sports more exciting.