Inside families is one of the warmest and purest bonds that is shared between brothers and sisters. The relationship between siblings is one that stands the test of time. Brothers and sisters have a wonderful bond—they can often fight each other, although where it matters, they have a palpable power of intense devotion. To celebrate this wonderful bond between siblings, Raksha Bandhan is celebrated every year in India. Raksha Bandhan, also known as Rakhi, is celebrated on the most recent day of the time of Shravan, as indicated by the Hindu schedule.
Raksha Bandhan is the festival of that sacred bond between brothers and sisters. There are many legends about the beginning of Raksha Bandhan. But the embodiment of this day lies in the real name – the bond of protection.
On this day sisters tie ‘rakhi’ on their brother’s wrist – as a badge of their affection and protection. Sisters also send Raksha Bandhan wishes to their brothers. Also, as a result, brothers and sisters give them gifts, sweets, and money. Raksha Bandhan is otherwise called Rakhi Purnima, Saluno and Rakri, and is celebrated every year on the full moon (full moon day) of the month of Shravan according to the Hindu schedule. This year Raksha Bandhan will be celebrated on Monday, 22 August 2021.
Meaning of Raksha Bandhan
Raksha Bandhan is celebrated as a day of worship and protection. On this day sisters tie rakhi in the hands of their brother and sister and wish them prosperity and brothers and sisters take a pledge to protect them from every difficulty. Along with this, there are many hard stories about Rakhi.
Who started Raksha Bandhan?
When Rani Karnavati, the widow of the ruler of Chittor, understood that she was unable to protect the Sultan of Gujarat, Bahadur Shah from intrusion, she sent a rakhi to Emperor Humayun. The emperor, as one adaptation of the story indicates, set out with his soldiers to defend Chittor.
rakhi in history
Lord Porus and wife of Alexander: Another Rakhi story comes from a fight between the Greek ruler Alexander and the Hindu ruler Porus. Alexander’s wife sent a dedicated telegram to Porus, asking him not to hurt his significant other in the fight. According to Hindu customs, Porus pays full respect to Rakhi. In the battle field, as Porus was about to strike Alexander the last, he saw a rakhi on his hand and restrained himself from attacking Alexander personally.
Humayun and Queen Karmavati: Rani Karmavati of Chittor sent a Rakhi to Humayun to save her from Bahadur Shah. Humayun, at that time engaged in an effort against Bengal, turned to fulfill the duty of his pious loving brotherhood and tried to secure it; However, by then it was too late. Chittor had effectively fallen and the queen immersed herself in the Rajput custom of Jauhar.
Rabindranath Tagore’s call to the name of the country: During the Bengal section in 1905, Nobel Prize-winning author Rabindranath Tagore used the occasion of Raksha Bandhan as a local area celebration and called for tying Rakhi to maintain harmony and peace among all Hindus and Muslims. Spread the nationalist spirit among the people of different ethnic backgrounds.
Significance of Raksha Bandhan among various beliefs in India
Hindu Religion- The festival is essentially celebrated by Hindus in the northern and western parts of India along with countries such as Nepal, Pakistan and Mauritius.
Jainism- The festival is also favored by Jain people group where Jain ministers give beautiful strings to the devotees.
Sikhism- Committed to brother-sister love, this festival is observed by Sikhs as “Rakhardi” or Rakhi.
justification of the festival
The celebration of Raksha Bandhan is seen as an image of responsibility between brothers and sisters. The purpose of the festival is to celebrate any kind of sibling bond between people who may not be biologically related. Similarly, celebrations are held between siblings living with distant relatives, family members or cousins.
So on this unique day, wish your sister or brother with wonderful Rakhi wishes and messages that will compliment the extraordinary bond you both share. Below are some Raksha Bandhan quotes, wishes and messages to browse through.
If you are away from your brother or sister this Rakhi, read this assortment of wishes, messages and quotes that you can share with your siblings and make them feel cherished. read on!
Raksha Bandhan 2021: Wishes, Messages, Facebook and WhatsApp Statuss
Show your siblings how important part of your life they are and how important the celebration of Raksha Bandhan is to you by sending Rakhi Raksha Bandhan wishes quotes.
Considering all the things, then this festival is the festival of brother-sister love. Here are probably the best Raksha Bandhan wishes for siblings.
- Happy Raksha Bandhan my brother!!! This Raksha Bandhan, I promise you that I will always be with you in your ups and downs, as well as when you need me in difficult times, I will be there to ensure and sustain you.
- A sister is the one who will really care about you the most and she will always be the best friend of your life! I also have a lovely sister who feels all my desolation and pain and helps me fight them all!! Happy Raksha Bandhan to my dear sister!
- Remembering the solid bond of fellowship you and I shared. Thank you so much for being the best defender.
prosperous raksha bandhan my younger brother
- They say long distance connections don’t work. However, till date, they definitely miss each other. After a long pass, run away. However, stay together till the end of time. Every brother Every sister.”
- On the auspicious occasion of Raksha Bandhan, I want to assure my dear sister that no matter what happens, I will continue to be close! Many hugs and love to my dear sister on Raksha Bandhan!”
- “Happy Raksha Bandhan to the dearest brother and sister, the ghost storyteller.
- You can communicate to me more than any words. The limitless memories I have with you are something I usually love and appreciate. I don’t know what I would do without you! Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- Dear brother, tying this Rakhi, I pray to God for your peace, joy and success. An affectionate and loving person like you deserves the best life. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- Thank you for being an especially wonderful sibling. You were always my closest companion, looking out for me, making sure the way I walked was smooth. Even though I have seen all the green earth of God, you cannot have a favorite brother and sister. Happy Rakhi to you.
- It leaves a smile when I think of the stupid fights we used to have and suddenly cover up. Memories may disappear with the passage of time but the affection we give will only grow.
- You make my life beautiful. I promise to keep you safe and protected till the end of my life. I love you, my little sister.
- May the love and celebration of Raksha Bandhan bring smiles and happiness in your life. Happy Rakhi.
- I have lived all my childhood memories when I got the Rakhi that you sent me. Thank you for being such a lovely and caring brother.
- You are a very special sister. I cannot express in words how much I love you. You are such a wonderful and understanding person in my life.
- It is possible that the memories may fade over time, but brother and sister worship will never disappear, rather it will last longer. Happy Raksha Bandhan to my dear sister. On this day, I want to send all my affection and best wishes to my lovely sister who has been my closest companion constantly!! Love for my dear sister.
- Sister, you are the most caring person I know. I am very lucky that you are my sister. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- He is my brother, my blood. He takes the hell out of me most of the time, yet regardless of anything else I want to see him move on from school and at least bother little Alex and Mini-Britney afterwards.
- All celebrations may be bright but there is no celebration as incredible as Raksha Bandhan! Happy Raksha Bandhan to the dearest brother and sister of the universe!
- “Power, it is a sure thing, yet the love of family and siblings is more important, more influential than any other power – a natural power in any way.
- “We know each other’s shortcomings, nobles, calamities, humiliations, victories, contests, wants, and how long can we hang our hands at once. We are united together under pack code and tribal laws .
Amazing Funny Raksha Bandhan Wishes
If your relationship with your sibling resembles that of Tom and Jerry, or enthusiastic wishes are a lot for your next of kin, here are some amusing and funny wishes for you!
- I am so honored to have a sibling like you as affectionate, kind, considerate and adorable. You have fulfilled my every wish. I will wait for my gifts. Plus, if you don’t give in, you’ll be in a difficult position.
- Just need to remind my brother that this is an occasion and you should start looking for gifts for me as it is Raksha Bandhan.
- Today is a day of celebration to find my sidekick who can support me relentlessly to do something unacceptable in the tiniest way possible. Happy Rakhi to you my brother.
- Every single one of those occasions when we scoffed at each other, ridiculed each other, couldn’t expect to compare my worship for you. Wishing you a very joyful and sweet Raksha Bandhan. Remember to send me cash and gifts!
- The debt of gratitude owes me memories of scolding, fighting, wounds and drama. My youth would have been so exhausting without you. Happy Raksha Bandhan brother. Now, take me shopping.”
touching and inspiring wishes
‘Raksha Bandhan’ is a unique day to commemorate this spirited holding when a sister ties a rakhi around her brother’s wrist, appeals to God for his long life and the brother responds by giving him the greatest of gifts. Here are some amazing inspirational wishes for siblings.
- Thank you for being a particularly dazzling brother “You were my dearest companion forever.
- On this Rakhi, how do we bring back the energetic spirit of youth, play tricks with each other, and turn into the wacky brothers and sisters we always were. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- You helped me when I was in a tough situation, you gave me a sense of security when I was scared, and you did different things to fulfill me. Thanks for this is insufficient. Happy Raksha Bandhan to you brother.
- My sister is the best and sweetest thing alive! My affection for him can hardly be described in words; She is my dearest friend.
- Within this short time frame, you become a part of my life. As my closest companion, as my caring sister to share everything. My whole heart wishes you Rakhi.
- I don’t believe that luck makes people sisters or brothers. This makes them brothers and sisters, giving them equality of paternity. Brotherhood and brotherhood is a situation that people need to work on.
- What makes a brother-sister relationship extraordinary is the fact that everyone misses the other when they are apart. They relish discussions, jokes and time spent together. Life changes, memories don’t.