It seems that over the past decade, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes have been front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. No wonder why. They really have that impressive kick to get you up and doing stuff!
I know for myself, these were all the quotes I kept reading:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- dare me to score
- helped me believe in myself
- sometimes mend my broken heart
- helped me get out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins inspired the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of his powerful words. I mean, he quoted all these inspiring words to inspire us, no?
Of course he did. That’s why I’ve searched high and low for the best and most powerful famous quotes of all time, hoping they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No, they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like confirmation. Many of us repeat affirmations as part of our morning routine, evening routine, or whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel every word in every part of your being, they work!! Plus, I’m living proof that they help. Strong quotes have helped me get out of rock bottom, a few times out of depression, and have helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. He has inspired, inspired and empowered millions of people across the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to stop talking and start doing. ~walt disney
2. Anyone who has ever achieved something big or new or anything worth celebrating in the air has done it from their comfort zone. He risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jane Cinsero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you are right. ~ Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today, I want to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. you are awesome ~ Eva Ursano
5. I’ll try that is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. Be the change you want to see in the world~Gandi
7. If you judge people, you don’t have time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve much. ~John Kennedy
9. Be kind whenever possible. It’s always possible. ~ Dalai Lama
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we choose to dare too much, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we cannot have both. Not at the same time. ~brain brown
10 Famous Quotes on Life
11. There is no greater pain than to carry an untold story inside you. ~ Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you will always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you will never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ~ Lao Tzu
14. Mind is everything. what you think you become. ~ Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you take should be from a good place. You should always strive to make the world a better place. ~ lace brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~ Mae West
17. When we strive to be better than ourselves, everything around us also becomes better. ~ Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang it. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
19. If you can’t do great things, do small things in great ways. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 Famous Quotes on Success
21. The secret to moving forward is starting. ~Mark Twain
22. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to fulfill them. ~walt disney
23. Darkness cannot dispel darkness; Only light can do this. Hate cannot drive away hate; Only love can do this. ~Martin Luther King Jr.
24. Anger is like drinking poison and then hoping that it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you, the sky is the limit. ~ Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuler
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~ Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~ Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just got 10,000 that won’t work. ~ Thomas A. edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us straight in the face but for some reason we focus on how difficult things are, how we fear the unknown and what will happen if we fail. ~ Joel Brown
write them down!
I always tell people to write it down and stick it where you can see it and read it everyday. This is how quotes work.
My all time favorite famous quote and one you should read again and again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you are right. Read when self-doubt creeps in.