As the first President of the United States, George Washington It was to set a great example for generations to come. A military and political leader and strategist, he was the only person to unanimously elect the Electoral College and twice served as president. His works and his personal philosophy have greatly shaped American culture. I have prepared this collection of attractive George washington quotes To inspire you on your path.
Always a supporter of freedom and individual rights, he acted in a responsible and careful manner. In my teens, George Washington Worked as a surveyor and farmer, inheriting an important asset. Later, he began his military career in the Virginia militia and led small structures of men in a series of small skirmishes with French troops. Washington Indeed rose to prominence in the American War of Independence, where he led large forces to compete in open ground for the first time. Charismatic and confident, he was able to lead his people through disease, harsh winters and rebellions against Britain, the strongest military force in the world at the time.
George Washington Refused to serve a third term as president. Instead, he chose to spend his final years away from public life as a gentleman farmer. An eminent public servant and a distinguished military leader, Washington Was a true patriot. He is an American icon, and for a good reason.
Here is our selection of 21 attractive George washington quotes Regarding dignity, duty and responsibility:
21 attractive George Washington quotes
- “It is better to offer an excuse than a bad one.” – George Washington
- “Being prepared for war is one of the most effective means of maintaining peace.” – George Washington
- “The concern is the interest paid by those who borrow trouble.” – George Washington
- “Human happiness and moral duty are inseparably linked.” – George Washington
- “Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pain to bring it to light.” – George Washington
- There is nothing better than promoting science and literature. Knowledge is the basis of public happiness in every country. “- George Washington
- “Real men detest fighting, but will never run away from it.” – George washington quotes
- “True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and has to deal with setbacks to avoid it before it becomes appellate.” – George Washington
- “Discipline is the soul of an army. This makes small numbers formidable; Buys success for the weak, and honors all. “- George Washington
- “Feel your heart for everyone’s sorrow and distress, and give your hand in proportion to your purse.” – George Washington
- “Liberty, when it starts taking root, is a plant of rapid growth.” – George Washington
- “My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, disappearing from the earth.” – George Washington
- “Tough struggle, greater victory.” – George Washington
- “The foolish and wicked practice of unholy cursing and swearing is such a superlative and inferior standard that every person’s sense and character deteriorates and is hated.” – George Washington
- “We should not look back until there is a useful lesson to be gained from past errors, and for the purpose of earning profits based on dear buying experience.” – George Washington
- “If the freedom to speak is snatched away, one can remain dumb and silent, as if we are like sheep for slaughter.” – George Washington
See also: 20 Leo Tolstoy Quotes You Must Read
- “Do not rejoice at the misfortune of another, though he may be your enemy.” – George washington quotes
- “Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you honor your reputation; ‘To be better alone than a bad company’. – George Washington
- “Be polite with everyone, but intimate with some, and try those few well before you give them your confidence.” – George Washington
- “I hope that I shall possess the firmness and virtue to regard the character of an honest man as the most worthy of all titles.” – George Washington
- “I’ll be on my knees before I die on my feet!” – George Washington
Thanks for taking a look at our choice of George Washington quotes! If you want more people to enjoy this article, share it on social media using the button below.
What are your favorite George Washington quotes? Tell us in the comments section.